Riven



I looked forward to reading Riven before it was even released and I was not disappointed. It is a great story about determination and forgiveness and grace. I will always remember the character of Brady. You follow him from early teen to 30 years old or so. Thomas is a pastor who has become a prison chaplain and he so wants to show the angry inmates that God still loves them. He is heartbroken at times but always stays. Everything changes the day he sees Brady. Things change for both of them and for many others as well. I struggled for Brady and cried for him and could not read a new book right after because of the emotion I had gained for this boy. Everyone should read Riven, even if only to learn why it’s called that.


1 comments:

lisa August 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Again it sounds good,I will see if I can find it and have to read it aswell. Sounds so sad just from reading your thought's but if you said it's good i'm sure it is!