In the beginning...

I decided to do a blog about the books I've read and would like to read. I didn't always enjoy reading. In fact as a child and teen I found it very hard to read a complete novel. I just never really did. Then when I was an adult already and my brother was getting rid of some of his books I took some home that he said he really liked. Well, was I surprised when I started to read one and it was very interesting and I was totally glued. I still remember that it was 'The Oath' by Frank Peretti. From then on I read all the time. Even now though, if it doesn't draw me in right from the get go I don't bother. I can tell in a few chapters if I will read it all or not. I also can only read one book at a time. I find I enjoy the story so much that I couldn't imagine trying to be in two at once. Sometimes a book is so powerful to me that I can't begin a new one right after it because I feel too much about the one I just finished. One example of that is 'Riven' by Jerry Jenkins.
Now I do recall reading one book once as a young teen and that was only because we had gone to Mexico and there was no TV or radio or any such distractions so at bed time I started to read a book I had in my bag from school. It was called 'The Long Eared Taxicab' and I have no idea who the author was. It was actually called 'The Adventures of Captain Delaney's Crew' and inside were two stories. The first one was 'The Long Eared Taxicab' and I'm not sure what the second one was called. I remember I was so into the first story and when I was done it I looked at the first page of the second one and thought it could never measure up to what I had just read. I put it down and felt sad. The next night I picked it up and wouldn't you believe it? That second story was even better than the first!
Anyway, here I will talk about some different books and how they made me feel and what my thoughts were on them. I'll cover some of my very favourites and add new ones as I read them from here on out. I hope you don't get bored but even so, this is my place to journal what's in my heart for great stories.